Join Our Team
Security On-Demand has been innovating in the security space for over a decade.
Be a part of the next big thing.
We are looking for an individual to work with a team to administer data operations in our IT Security company. You will collaborate with various parts of the organization such as the Software Development and the Network Infrastructure teams. The environment is challenging and fast paced due to the exciting growth that we are currently experiencing. You will be able to grow and continually learn new things, you will not be bored! This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Monitor performance of various database platforms to identify and resolve bottlenecks affecting production and development operations
- Assist the Development team in developing high performance solutions involving large volumes of data
- Recommend best practices, define data file structure, optimal location and functional capabilities, deploying and enforcing security
- Maintain production operations, suggest hardware and software solutions to support dynamically growing applications
- Identify future requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Enforce, test and deploy backup and recovery plans and disaster recovery solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information System, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of related Database Administration experience
- Professional experience administrating SQL Server 2014 or newer
- Professional experience administrating MySQL or other RDBMS systems
- Must thrive working in a fast paced environment and be driven to learn new things
- If you’re tenacious, good humored, diplomatic and helpful you’ll succeed in this role
Additional skills that are a plus:
- Experience with Infobright or other column-oriented DBMS is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar text based search engines is a plus
- Experience utilizing Agile Scrum software development framework is a plus
Due to the nature of the data we handle, a comprehensive background check is required for this position. U.S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
We offer opportunities for promotion, training, and a long term career path for the highly-motivated individuals. Security On-Demand is a collaborative environment and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401K with match, a generous PTO package and more!
Security On-Demand is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
COME JOIN US!
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your passion.
Or fill out the form below and attach your credentials.