Join Our Team
Security On-Demand has been innovating in the security space for over a decade.
Be a part of the next big thing.
Be a part of the next big thing.
Senior Systems Administrator
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator who wants to deepen and broaden their expertise in the areas of IT security as their next career move. The Senior Systems Administrator is a key contributor to supporting the systems and infrastructure delivering quality security services to our customers and performs a wide range of duties spanning the entire systems lifecycle. You will be reporting to the VP, Operations and Services.
- Design, manage and maintain Security On-Demand’s systems infrastructure required to deliver uptime, availability, performance, resiliency and capacity requirements
- Systems and risk assessment and mitigation planning
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability
- Configure and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades
- Develop, document and maintain procedures required to provide recoverability, governance, consistency and structure to manage our complex infrastructure required to support our managed security and business services
- Manage the data center and computer host systems including servers, storage, and software
- Stay current with technological developments and systems administration technology and recommends ways for Security On-Demand to leverage new technology to continually improve service delivery and recoverability
- Develops a Master’s level understanding of Security On-Demand’s services
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Systems experience includes Windows Server platforms, VMWare, Linux, Cisco IOS, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, IIS, Apache, Exchange, Active Directory, Solarwinds, SAN Storage, Routing and Switching Protocols
- Proven track record of positive results and successful systems administration skills in a technical environment.
- Possess the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders within the company in a variety of departments
- Thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- If you’re organized, highly skilled across multiple technologies, eager and quick to learn, excellent at troubleshooting, and good humored, you’ll succeed in this role
- This position will be based out of San Diego, CA and may require travel up to 5%
Due to the nature of the data we handle, a comprehensive background check is required for this position. U.S. citizenship is required. Applicants selected may be subject to security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
We offer opportunities for promotion, training, and a long term career path for the highly-motivated individuals. Security On-Demand is a collaborative environment and offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401K with match, a generous PTO package and more!
Security On-Demand is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
COME JOIN US!
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your passion.
Or fill out the form below and attach your credentials.